Housing Development Agreement

Apart from stand-alone residential developments on Trust land, the Board has some eighty rural housing projects on its land which have been developed through grants to Municipalities by the KZN Department of Human Settlements. The Board’s support to these projects is evidenced by a Development Rights Agreement, copies of which can be viewed or downloaded from this website.

Before the Board will enter into such an Agreement, the developer must obtain the formal consent of any Traditional Council that may have jurisdiction over the project area. Form ITB2 should be used for this purpose. This can be viewed or downloaded from this website.

The Board is currently exploring the possibility of affordable and other housing projects on its land.