The Board is supported by the Secretariat. The Secretariat is the administrative arm of the Board to execute and discharge the mandate of the Board.
The Secretariat is structured into 4 components as follows:
- Office of the Chief Executive Officer;
- Real Estate Management;
- Financial Administration;
- General Administration.
OFFICE OF THE CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
The Office of the Chief Executive Officer is responsible for providing leadership, strategic advice and overall management of the Secretariat.
REAL ESTATE MANAGEMENT
The core functions of this component include:
• Processing of tenure rights applications,
• Monitoring of illegal occupation of land,
• Maintenance of land asset register.
The Financial Administration component manages the accounting and finances of the Trust and also provides advice on financial compliance to the Board. The core functions of this component include:
• Safeguarding of assets,
• Development of financial policies,
• Management of internal controls and financial reporting.
The General Administration component provides administrative support service to the Board and the Secretariat. The core functions of this component include:
• Assisting with the drafting of policies,
• Supervision of Logistical arrangements, registry and reception,
• Provision of Human Resources.