Notification of Vacancy
The Ingonyama Trust Board wishes to advertise the following vacancy:
JOB TITLE : AUDIT COMMITTEE CHAIRPERSON
DURATION : 36 MONTH FIXED TERM CONTRACT
LOCATION : INGONYAMA TRUST BOARD PIETERMARITZBURG, KWAZULU – NATAL
The Ingonyama Trust Board is seeking a well experienced Chairperson of the Audit Committee.
The Chairperson of the Audit committee reports to the Board of the Ingonyama Trust Board. The Audit Committee is a sub-committee of the Board established in terms of Section 77 of the Public Finance Management Act (PFMA), 1999 (Act No. 1 of 1999 as amended). The applicant must have demonstrable exposure in Risk Management, Governance, Audit, Financial Management, and Organisational Performance Management. The applicant should be independent and knowledgeable on the status of their position as chairperson of the Audit Committee.
The Ingonyama Trust Board will enter into a 3-year contract for services rendered with the successful individual.
• A relevant tertiary qualification in the field of Accounting, Auditing, Finance or Law. Possession of a CA(SA), AGA(SA), RGA, CIA, ACCA qualification will be an added advantage.
• An understanding of the requirements of the Chairperson’s role in an Audit Committee, and must have served on an Audit Committee previously;
• Be capable of displaying an understanding of the public sector in terms of auditing, governance, risk management and planning, monitoring and evaluation; and
• Have a thorough understanding of the legislation applicable to the public sector.
• Understand the function of the Audit Committee and be able to lead constructive dialogue with management, internal and external auditors and the Board;
• Understand the effective management of strategic, financial and operational risks;
• Reliable oversight over the financial reporting and a sound understanding of financial reporting frameworks;
• Oversee compliance with applicable laws and regulations;
• Maintain a system of effective and efficient internal and external audit functions in order to provide the necessary assurance to the Board;
• Oversee risk management of the organisation;
• Regulate and discharge responsibilities as contained in the Ingonyama Trust Board Audit Charter.
The Ingonyama Trust Board is committed to Employment Equity and aims to attract and retain talented individuals to achieve its equity objectives. Therefore, people from designated groups, including those with disabilities, are encouraged to apply.
The Ingonyama Trust Board reserves the right not to fill an advertised position.
If you meet ALL the stated requirements, kindly e-mail your application to email@example.com, including a covering letter, and copy of your identification document, copies of qualifications and a comprehensive CV (including three references with their contact details).
• Applications not meeting the criteria will be disqualified.
• Should you not hear from us within 2 weeks after the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
• Communication will be limited to the short-listed candidates only.
• Short-listed candidates will be subjected to a comprehensive selection process.
Enquiries pertaining to this position are to be directed to the Chief Executive Officer Mr V Z Mngwengwe – Telephone Number: 033 846 9962.