The Ingonyama Trust is administered by the Ingonyama Trust Board (ITB) “the Board", which is a schedule 3A public entity in terms of the Public Finance Management Act (PFMA).
In line with its statutory mandate, the Board is responsible for:
- Providing strategic leadership for management of trust land;
- Oversee operational performance of the organisation and the Trust;
- Provide leadership and policy direction in matters pertaining to communal land under the leadership of Amakhosi in the province.
For operational efficiencies the Board has created the following governance structures:
- Executive Committee of the Board (EXCO);
- Human Resource and Organisational development Committee;
- Finance Committee (FINCO);
- Audit Committee.
- Bid Specification Committee;
- Bid Evaluation Committee;
- Bid Adjudication Committee;
- Bursary Committee.